Layout of house
Murasakino Guesthouse is a 2 story house.
1st floor has a traditional style living room with tatami matress and a low table. There is also a fully equipped kitchen along with a high table and chairs that offers western dining style to guests who are not used to sit at the low table.
Modern bathroom was newly installed in 2016 and is very clean.
The living room and dining area offers a garden view through the glass doors that makes guests feel the nature and seasons while relaxed at home.
2nd floor has two independent bedrooms which is convenient for a group of 2 families.
One bedroom is a traditional style with a futon on tatami mats and can accommodate up to 4 persons. The other room has two western style beds on wooden floor that can be arranged to 1 large double bed (180cm wide) when requested. We can also prepare additional futons in the living room downstairs if guests need 3 independent bedrooms.
Free bicycle rental
Two Japanese gardens
Standard occupancy : 5 adults and 1 child aged 5 or younger (that shares bed/futon with another)
Bedroom A : 4 Japanese style futon beds
Bedroom B : 2 single beds or 1 large double bed
- Closet with hangers
- Sofa and desk (in the bedroom B)
- Bedside lamp
- Bathtub with a garden view
- Body soap, shampoo, conditioner
- Hand soap
- Separate toilet with bidet functions
- Public bath is also available within a 3 minute walk
- Dining table, Chair (x5), Child chair (x1), Table mat
- Stovetop (2 stoves), Refrigerator, Electric kettle, Microwave, Toaster, Rice cooker, Kitchenware
- Frying pan (x2), Pot (x3), Bowl, Colander, Knife (x2), Bread knife (x1), Chopping board (x2)
- Peeler, Ladle, Flipper, Spatula, Whisk, Tong, Masher, Grater, Measure cup, Scissors
- Wine opener, Tin opener, Tea pot, Coffee dripper
- Tableware (Cutlery, Dish, Plate, Mug, Glass, Wine glass, Sake bottle, Sake cup, Child set)
- Basic seasoning (Oil, Salt, Pepper, Soy sauce, Vinegar, Sugar etc.)
- Wrapping film, Aluminum foil, Kitchen paper
- Towel (x2) for dish and table, Dish washing detergent, Sponge, Drain net
- Washing machine
- Laundry detergent
- Cloth drying poles, Pegs and hangers (outdoor with a roof)
- Cloth drying stand (indoor)
*Dryer is available at a laundromat near the guesthouse (2 minutes on foot) and charges are applicable.
Murasakino Guesthouse provides young children with following items. Please request in advance.
- Child chair (high and low)
- Small spoon, folk and chopsticks with wooden bowl, plate and cup
- Toys and picture books
- Socket safety cover
- Safety gate to block staircase
- Electric fan cover
- Body soap for baby
- Bedwetting sheets for futon
Interior ornaments in the house can be removed to out of reach of children on request.
Public parking is possible at a location nearby (reservation is not possible).
￥600 per day. (Hourly rate : from \100/h) ＊As of January 2021
We will send you detailed information and a map of the car park in advance upon request.
- Free Wifi (High speed optical networking)
- Free bicycle rental (2 bicycles are available at the guesthouse for free at any time.) More bicycles can be rented at a nearby bicycle shop. It is safer to make an advance booking. Please ask us for details.
- Two Japanese gardens can be viewed from the living room and dining room. Front garden is a tea-house garden style. Back garden is an image of a Japanese forest with various native plants.
- Free coffee, black tea, Japanese green tea, Japanese hojicha (roasted green tea)
- Plug conversion adapters
- Handrails at staircase and a toilet
- Fire extinguishers
- Smoke alarms
- The building got earthquake reinforcement construction in 2016.
Winter facility :
- Kotatsu (Japanese traditional heater. a low table frame covered by a futon) in the living room
- Heating carpet in the dining room
- Hanten (Japanese traditional cotton jacket in kimono-style)
- Wall-mounted electric heaters are available in each room
Summer facility :
- Air-conditioners in each room
- Electric fans in each room
- Mosquito repellent
Luggage delivery service by a delivery company from Murasakino Guesthouse to Kyoto station after check-out (1,000yen per bag)
- Murasakino Guesthouse is located in a quiet residential area. Please respect our neighbours and keep noise down from 9 p.m. to 8 a.m.
- Guests are responsible for loss or damages to our guesthouse facility.
- Non-smoking throughout including the gardens, porch and streets around the house. There is a tobacco vending machine just around the corner where it is ok to smoke.
- No pets are allowed.